Visit Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos Córdoba
Visit the Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos is a real show, just enter you can see magnificent gardens.
Enjoy the memory of our ancestors.
You only have to enter this great wonder and see the strength of the palace, solid walls that contain a large part of the architectural evolution of Cordoba.
You will see Roman remains and Visigoths that coexist with Arabic in this majestic place. Since it was the favorite by different rulers of our city.
After the Conquest of Fernando III the Saint, in 1236, was part of the Caliphate Palace, and was totally abandoned. When Alfonso X the Wise arrived, his restoration began.
Over the years it has been given different uses, for example, as Headquarters of the Holy Office, or jail.
If you visit the Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos.
We can observe and enjoy certain beauties:
- Hall of mosaics: room built in the eighteenth century. In it you can admire the impressive mosaics found at the end of the 1950s in the Plaza de la Corredera, which were part of a Roman domus.
- Moorish Courtyard: also known as the Mudejar courtyard, it is located on the western side of the fortress. It has a square floor plan and is surrounded by arcaded galleries, except for its west face, where the wall that connects the tower of the lions with the one of the inquisition is located.
- Courtyard of the women: also known by the western courtyard, is located on the eastern side of the quarterdeck. It receives its name from the time when it was used as a prison.
- Reception room: known as the ocean room. It is a square room located next to the mosaic room.
- Royal baths of Doña Leonor: they were built in 1328 by King Alfonso XI, they are structured in four rooms: wardrobe room, cold room, warm room, and hot room. It receives its name by Leonor de Guzmán, lover of the king in whose honor the baths were constructed.
All this is just a brief summary of what you can experience in this place, you can buy your ticket through the following link:
But if you want to document well before visiting the monument, you can get information through our website.
Do not think twice and come visit the Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos.